Wednesday, January 27, 2010

And we're off!

Here I am at the Red Carpet Club in SFO. We board in about 30 minutes, and so far the flight is on time. We had a nice experience here. When we checked in yesterday, we were unable to check in for the 2nd flight, probably because it left over 24 later than the first flight. I had some time to kill, so I asked the agent if we could check in now.

We could and did, which was nice because it's one less thing to do in the hotel tonight, but it was also fun. The agent asked why we were going to Argentina. I told her, and we chatted a bit. Turns out she has a house there. She is actually from Uraguay, and was thrilled to here we we'd be going to Montevideo. She suggested we visit a resort where the celebrities have houses, but we've got something already planned. However, when we told her where we were staying, she gave us a recommendation for a breakfast place nearby. It's written down and saved. I'll let you know in a few days if we go there.

It's hard to believe that after all this planning and preparation, we're officially on our way. And, if you're wondering, I did get everything into the bags, and only removed about 4-5 things. In retrospect, maybe I should have bought a slightly bigger suitcase for trips like this when I know I'll be checking. Oh well, live and learn.

It's almost time to board, so I'll sign off now. More tomorrow, after what should be a very fun day.

No comments:

Post a Comment