Sunday, February 7, 2010

Rocking and Rolling all day long

Feb 4

We woke up to lots of ship movement. And by lots, I mean lots and lots. By breakfast time, I was a bit queasy. Once again, we went to Sabatini's, but I didn't eat much. After breakfast, it was ballroom dance lesson time - cha cha. I was feeling a bit better after some food, but during the lesson Glen started feeling a bit under the weather as well. So, after that we went back to the room for a while. I actually, for the first time ever, bought motion sickness stuff - we both took it and were better after that. We generally don't get sea sick, so it may have had to do with the fact that the rooms were warm. Apparently sea sickness was a major problem throughout the ship today.

We spent part of the early afternoon on the balcony. I worked on writing the blog. Unfortunately, I couldn't get a wireless signal there, though.

At 2:15 I went to line dance class with Carol and Eric (our friends from Morro Bay). They wanted me to join them in Passenger Fued, but since we hadn't had lunch yet, I said I should go back and get Glen and eat. I did say we'd try to join them for trivia later. We went to the buffet for lunch, and then to the coffee bar for a coffee. After that, we did join them for trivia, and almost won.

During the scoring, the captain came on the speaker with a navigational announcement. In general, the captain gives an update at noon, so any other time is usually not good news. This was no exception. Because of the weather, we were going to be two and a half hours late into Stanley, the town on the Falklands. This was not good, because we'd booked a private full day activity, as had most of our group. Those of us on the trivia team agreed that I'd email them and see what they had to say.

After trivia we did our late afternoon usual relax and get ready. I noticed that they were saying the last tender (boat back to the ship) was at 7, so it appeared we were getting some of the time back.

We danced a bit before and after dinner, and ended the day by watching the ocean on the balcony.

No comments:

Post a Comment