Friday, February 3, 2012

And we're off for another one

It's been a long time since my last post, and I've had a few minor fun trips since then but no major cruises.

Until tomorrow. At the moment, I'm sitting in my room at the LAX airport Marriott getting ready for bed. Tomorrow, we board the Sapphire Princess (our second time on the Sapphire - last was in 2005 to Mexico) for a two week round trip to Hawaii. Once again, we're going by ourselves, but through Facebook and Cruise Critic we've made lots of cyberfriends.

We flew to LA this evening. It was as smooth as could be. We got upgraded, so we were off the plane quickly, and our luggage came quickly. We didn't have to wait long for a shuttle, and because the flight was early we were in our room 20 minutes after the scheduled arrival. A quick trip to the bar for dinner, and to bed soon.

The hotel is crazy busy - I booked because we could get food late, but I forgot this is an official Princess transfer hotel, so I suspect we'll be seeing a lot of the people here over the next two weeks.

Tomorrow morning a shuttle is coming to pick us up.

I suspect this won't be as fascinating as my Antarctic blog, but I'll try to make it fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment