Saturday, February 11, 2012

A tale of two Entrees

Thursday 2/9

Our extra sea day. We got to sleep in a bit because of the extra hour and lack of a port. We did our usual breakfast, and then wandered around the Promenade for a while. The entire deck was open including the front part on deck 8. We worked on the reverse wave for a while, since we’d received an email this morning from a teammate, and she said the comp team worked very hard on it.

We then hung out at the Pattasserie for a while. I finally worked on the class I’m taking at Foothill college.

Prior to breakfast, I’d tried to cancel my car reservations for today via the discount website. I got an email from them that they couldn’t find it. Oh well, I tried.

From the Pattasserie, we went to the pub lunch. They had the secondary menu this time – it included fried shrimp and trifle. I asked if the shrimp came with mushy peas and chips. They said no, so I asked for some on the side. They gave me two entrees – the shrimp (which did have fries) and a full order of fish and chips. They’re not always good at adjusting orders.

After the pub lunch, I went to the line dance class. Apparently Jacki spent most of last night learning a new and very complicated dance that after today’s experiment she will never teach again. Apparently it was misrepresented as a beginner dance.

After line dance class, I waited for the hula class. The PA system played Ring of Fire, so I practiced our quickstep. A couple of people asked me about it, including a ballroom dancer from LA, and someone who asked if it was modern ballroom or square dance.

After hula, Glen and I headed to the gym and used the aerobics studio to block the choreography for our team competition routine. We heard there are some minor changes but we continued with the status quo.

After that, up to Skywalkers for the Elite Happy Hour. Following that we tried to watch The Hurt Locker, but we couldn’t really follow it, so we gave up. After that, it was down to dinner. After dinner, the Wheelhouse band was playing, but there were a lot of people on the floor – we think because of the Meringue, which was the first dance taught. We wandered outside instead, and then decided to go to the show at the theater – having no idea what it was.

At 10:15 the show started. It was Stardust – a tribute to the music of the early 50’s – Doris Day, Frank Sinatra, things like that. Generally, not IMHO one of their best.

After that, we headed to Explorers, and danced the rest of the set of Indigo. Following that – bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment